Saturday, July 19, 2008

Memories...

ALL ALONE IN THE MOOOOOOONLIIIIIIGHT

I'm such a dork.

Anyway, so I was thinking back to my childhood for some reason the other day and remembering the silly things we used to do (by we I mean my family and friends). Since you who are included in the 'we' read this, I thought some of you might get a kick out of these and see if you remember them.

1)Disney adventures:
My dad worked at Disney up until I was about 15 I think and even today he works there in the winter, around Christmas time. Anyway, having a dad who can get you into Disney anytime made for a fun childhood and many trips to the castle of a huge frickin Rat. One time, I think I was about 13 or so, I can't remember, but it was just me, my brother and my dad. We were taking back roads home as usual. The day was fun and we were all tired. I was riding shotgun and PJ was in the back. We had just gone by one of the spots that the fireworks are shot up from
when we went over a speed bump. I don't know WHAT I was thinking, but as we went over, I completely spazzed out screaming "OHMAHGAWD WE'RE GOING OVER A SPEED BUMP!" and returning to being calm when the speed bump was gone. It was one of the first times I remember my brother laughing so hard at something I did that he looked like he was about to pee. We did it a couple more times together before or dad was too freaked out by it (or just tired of us doing it) that we stopped.

Another time, it was me, PJ (brother) and Heidi (sister) at Rat-world and our dad had just finished a show that we were watching. After PJ and I had been doing the drum beats together with the closing song of the show, we got to meet some of the musicians and dancers. A preface to this is that growing up, if our mom wanted to get our attention, she would do this LOUD whistle, which always caught our attention. Anyway, we are sitting there, talking to our dad when PJ and I hear this whistle. Now, logically, we know our mom isn't at Disney. But sure enough, when we heard it, both our heads popped up like ground dogs looking out a hole in the ground, just looking for our mom. Our dad couldn't figure out what we were doing, but when we explained it to him, he just laughed. We are now our mother's Pavlov dogs.

There were many other funny things that happened at Disney, but I can't remember them all and there isn't enough space for them.

2) Heidi is funny:
I swear, I have the funniest family ever. PJ can always make me laugh, My mom is clever and I'm sarcastic (shuddup, it's funny, not obnoxious) and Heidi has her moments. She is probably one of the funniest. Firstly, seeing her now, she reminds me of how I act up in front of my friends.

Once, while PJ was driving us along with his ex and her sister to a theme park or our moms job (I don't remember) and we passed by a building where white smoke was coming out of a pipe. The car had been quiet for a bit and suddenly we hear Heidi exclaim "WE HAVE A NEW POPE!" and it took a moment for all of us to get it, but we were all busting up laughing from it.

Another time, I was getting my oil changed and Heidi was with me. I also decided to get a new air filter that day so they had to call out the number for someone to get it.
"I need a 2-93485" and before he could say air filter, Heidi exclaimed "HIKE!" and I couldn't stop laughing.

There are many more times with her, but again, not enough time for all them.

Anyway, if there are any funny times you remember, comment with them. I wanna hear them!

No comments: