Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Just got 'em removed today. That was fun. Here's how the day went.

~Woke up with Jeni, got up and left her house around 9. She was my person to drive me all over the place since if I had the surgery I'd be all woozy.
~Got to the place around 9:29. Did some paperwork, informed people who wanted to know that I was in the office, waiting my turn.
~Waited until around 10:15 when they took my in a did a panoramic x-ray of my mouth.
~Saw Dr. Mcnamara. Funny old guy. Said a family of cambodians was going to move into my cavity that was in my top left wisdom tooth (the reason I was there in the first place was to at least get that one removed.)
~Found out 2 things. One, my bottom molars were growing in horizontally and pushing my teeth out of alignment. Two, my TMJ isn't actually TMJ. It had a fancy name that basically mean "live with it, it can't be fixed." Rather than the left side of my jaw having a ball and socket, it has a socket and spike. It's wierd, but basically means the surgery to fix TMJ (shaving down the ball of the joint) is impossible, since shaving down would be making it smaller.
~Call mom who tells nurse to just take them all out to stop any future hassle from them.
~Go into finance and pay for it.
~Taken away into surgery, give Jeni phone to keep in contact with Mami, Daddy and Joe.
~given an IV. first thing he puts in is supossed to make everything fuzzy. Well, without my glasses everything is fuzzy anyway so that didn't make a difference. Second thing he puts in is gonna make the room spin. Spin? IT WAS DANCING.
~PASS THE F*CK OUT
~Wake up because one of the nurses said teenage mutant ninja turtles. It wasn't a hallucination, I was wearing my TMNT shirt, so she must have been commenting on it.
~Go to a small room where a video plays to tell me what to do. Didn't pay attention to it. Jeni tried to quiz me on it right afterwards and I remembered to not have anything hot, no soda and to relax all day.
~Leave....somehow managed to get into the car.
~Relax at Jeni's all day, randomly passing out in half hour intervals.
~Leave for moms, drive home. Write Blog.

I'm spitting up blood like Ozzy Ozbourne with a freakin bat head in his mouth. Also swallowing it which apparently will give me nausea. Nothing yet but it's only 12 hours after the surgery. I know I'll be fine. Right now Ibuprofen is my best friend. Soon, Hydrocodone will replace Mr. Profen.

Also, here's some art. Remember how I said my school makes you take color application before fundamentals of painting, but you have to paint in color application? Wierd, I know. But here is the first painting I did in that class. This one is the best of them all honestly. My art kinda went downhill from there. Greyscale I can do. Working with color's is what threw me off.

Photobucket

No comments: