Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ft. Lauderdale living

The first of many posts, now that I'm down here and I promised to update as much as possible for my stepmom and dad (especially while he is in Japan) and for my friends and family who read this. Firstly, list of classes I'm taking this semester

Computer Graphics: Thursday 1-5
Design Basics 3D: Monday 1-5
Intro to Sociology: Friday 8-11
Layout: Friday 1-5
Film Appreciation: Monday 9-12

All of them are in the main building besides sociology which I can just walk to if I really want to (which I will in the winter, but not in the summer, too dang-gone hot in Florida! I don't wanna walk into class all smelly!) Orientation was Yesterday and it was alot of the same stuff I heard at the open house (infact I think many of the speeches were the same ones given that day XD) But the speech from the lady in charge of Student affairs makes me wanna be more involved, like be a student leader person, help out other students, etc. But that wont be this semester, I don't know if I could handle that, 5 classes and a job (once I find one). I got my Illustration kit and HOLYCRAP it was heavy to carry that sucker around all day. It came with a 250 GB harddrive which made my inner electronic geek giggle. Only problem is that my current laptop doesn't have enough power to power it. Once Joe gets my actual laptop fixed, that one will have the power to make the harddrive work. It also came with many other things (prismacolor markers, paper, straightedges charcoal, etc.) but the Harddrive made me giggle the most.

Living with my Aunt Karen and Uncle Joe is just too much fun (until I told them I'm voting Obama T_T ). Karen is a housewife, so her, my cousin Emily who is also living here and I hang out all day, watch movies talk, it's a McBlasty-blast. We make dinner every night and them being on weight watchers has helped me alot with my weight lose. That and I'm walking Ollie and Annie (the Dogs) with Karen every morning when I wake up (2 miles every morning!). I've gotta get on my wieght training though...and start swimming in their pool. The food has been SO GOOD though. I got to make them my stir fry which they liked, but we also made fruit parfaits, grilled peaches and I learned how to make scones from scratch! It's so easy it makes me wanna bake more, hehe. Aunt Karen is so funny (AND SHE LIKES MUSICALS) I'm always laughing in this house. Today she had her recipe club meeting (which is where she taught us how to make Scones) and I met some of her friends from her church. Tomorrow I'm going to their Singles Movie Night to meet some people in the area, cause Lord knows I need some kind of social life down here :P

That's really all I've done so far in 3 days. School starts on monday and I couldn't be more excited and terrified at the same time. This weekend should be fun too. Gotta get my car tags renewed, doing that tomorrow before the weekend. Who am I kidding, I'm probably just lounging around the house all weekened scared outta my mind from school. XD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've gotta check and see if I can come down. I've got Oct. 11th off -- Jennifer gave me the wrong date to take off from work. It's a Saturday.

And I'm SOOOO happy you're having fun down there! I worry about you, ya know! :3